Corey Tabor is the Founder and President of the History in the Making Community Development Center (H.I.M. Center).
Purpose: Our purpose is to improve the quality of education in the community, enrich the quality of families within the community and develop quality leaders for the community.
Vision: We will encourage, educate and empower members of our community to make history in their lifetime.
The History in the Making™ Principles include:
- Decisions – The ability to say yes!
- Discipline – The ability to say no, so you can say yes to something greater!
- Excellence – Doing the best you can with what you have!
- Effort – Doing the best you can when you do not have to!
- Expectations – Expectation Management
- Education – Learning to learn through your learning style!
- Experience – Learning by experience!
Our pillars of focus will be education, economic development and family development.
|Education||Economic Development||Family Development|
|Adopt-a-School||Black Business Symposium||Premarital Counseling|
|5th Quarter Parties||Job Placement Center||Post Marital Counseling|
|In School Mentoring||Resume Writing||Family Counseling|
|School Supply Drives||Interviewing Skills||Family Education|
|H.I.M. Ambassadors||Business Attire Assistance||Community Family Night|
|Campus Advisory Council||Computer Literacy Class||Adoption Support|
|Tutoring||Small Business Institute||Single Parent Support|
|ESL Class||Parenting Classes|
|GED Class||Sex Education|
|Financial Education||Parents’ Night Out|